Wednesday 3 October 2007

Sergeant Kijduse


Well I made Sergeant last night. I managed to do it in three games, luckily getting on the winning team in all my games gave me the mere three points needed to rank up. It's quite an important rank really, as it gives you a new pin and 15 Gamer Points for the UNSC Spartan Achievement. It's a little more up hill from this point though, as the next ranks are in increments of ten, right up to Gunnery Sergeant second class. Better get winning!

I had some more luck with melee attacks, going so far as executing the perfect shotgun round to the face before jamming the butt of the gun in the poor victims chin, all in one fluid motion. The video's up on my shared files. That was actually in a sniper match in Valhalla, which I've learned a lot about. The most important statistic being I died the least in the match. 8 kills with 4 deaths makes good reading but could have easily been improved with some better shooting. I probably engaged in rifle fire another six times where neither party died. I would have maybe gone in for a skirmish in the past, but out of those 6 times, I would have died four times and killed twice: 10 kills to 6 deaths and we would have lost.

Did some more campaign which wasn't that bad. There were some pretty cool parts but again the whole thing was let down by the ridiculous enemies, their voices and the stupidity of the marines. The story's only just got somewhere so I'm more interested in seeing where that's going than expecting any more epic battles, but I'm hoping I'll be surprised.

At this stage it's hard to determine whether to spend more time on campaign, as it's more like having to go see a film all your mates have seen. Then again it's always good to get a head start in the multi-player!

No comments: